ModemManager not picking up SIM7600X modem.

That’s really odd @danedwards_ee

Just to understand (sorry for asking again), the device when running Raspbian or balenaOS is in the same location? And when running balenaOS (with the “bad” sim) it’s not detecting the cellular connectivity?

Correct, it’s quite literally the same device.

I only swapped the CM4 with different images.

This for our R&D setup.

But been fighting with this issue before we can deploy it.

This is the closest I’ve come to cracking the issue.

@danedwards_ee could you please check the fluctuation of the signal quality when you are running on Raspbian? is it possible that there is an issue on that simcard that looses signal and randomly it works on that moment on Raspbian?

There is no difference with the signal.

It’s the modem in fact is and stays connected and registered on the network, despite ModemManager making the modem invalid.

The modem also responds to AT commands properly and shows no issue with the SIM card nor connection to the network.

1 Like

@mpous I take it there is no more information or advice on this?

@danedwards_ee could you please grant support access and share the UUID of your device using a direct message with me? I will try to do my best!

BTW you said in the past

This issue seems to be with certain SIMs and balenaOS and/or ModemManager.
Otherwise the SIM7600 has always worked with balena, including balenaFin.

Could you please confirm if this happens just with 1 device in your fleet or multiple?

Sure, I’ll grant you the access.

This is an issue that seems to be haunting all of our devices currently.

The thing that is stumping us the most is that we have no issues with other distros and the modem work fine.

The modem even says that is connected to the network using AT command with balenaOS