We are a bit busy and we are looking for some help about moving our code from raspberry pi with raspbian to BalenaOS.
Feel free to ask me more details.
Integrating two components of our embedded system to work on BalenaOS. Our device uses a raspberry pi and runs a chromium navigator in KIOSK-mode and a separate process of C++ app performing which embeds jobs and networking.
Our embedded software is composed of:
- An embedded software in C++ Qt5 in console mode, whose purposes are collecting measures from physical sensor, driving physical elements (such as: electromagnetic latch, thermal printer, and point of sale), receiving instructions from remote server (http polling),and executing orders. It also runs a local websocket server, the browser connects to the websocket in order to exchange directly.
We would like to integrate both components in BalenaOS as 2 distinct Docker containers.
- Provide a browser container in KIOSK-mode to display our actual GUI
- Measure resource consumption of the browser (RAM, CPU) and also while video rendering.
- Export docker ports to enable websocket communication between the browser and the embedded app.
- Operate the software parts in a multi-container
- Propose a docker-compose.yml to add more containers, ex: message queue storing untransmited data for retry.
- Record Docker commands, registry, and setup
- Deploy with gitlab + CI
- Test the BalenaOS bootloader switch A+B with upgrade and records
- Provide a monitoring for global network bandwidth
- Examine collection of data, loss of connection, and retransmission in cloud storage
- Manage asynchronous tasks (crontab)