Image downloads keep crashing with ECONNRESET

Its trying to pull the screenly images, and has managed to download redis and screenly-websocket, but the last three ones keep downloading, then restarting when they hit ~60%. Then theres a error like this:
Failed to download image ‘registry2.balena-cloud.com/v2/de9310cfe03dca435a5aba6d9d7e77c8@sha256:41452330aebfa06a9b0718eb3028899676e11e3371b24ed6092d2878513f81df’ due to ‘read ECONNRESET’

I checked the free memory during the download, and its getting quite low (20mb free), but not empty.
Any ideas? Maybe stop all but one download? Any other ways to push the images?

EDIT: It fixed itself after a day. Seems like one of the images got a 404 error, so the rest downloaded OK while the last one downloaded later. /shrug

Hi @Nixono

In order to help us investigate further, could you please send us the following information?

• Device type
  • balenaOS version
  • The approximate sizes of the images.

Thank you, and kind regards
Alida

Device: Model 3B+ Revision: 1.3 Ram: 1 GB Sony UK
Images: redis, screenly-celery, screenly-server, screenly-viewer, screenly-websocket
Not totally sure about their sizes… Followed the screenly balena tutorial: https://www.balena.io/blog/deploy-free-digital-signage-software-screenly-ose/

The issue resolved itself (due to another error delaying some downloads), but yeah, was´nt perfect.

Hey @Nixono,
As you’ve noticed we’ve deployed a fix for the 404 error you were seeing, and I believe that has caused the rest of the problems.
Please let us know if you encounter the same problem again so that we can keep digging.
Thanks,
Georgia

Hey @georgiats,
I’m currently having the same issue.

Device: Balena Fin V1.1

Do you have any idea how to fix the issue ?

Hi there, looks like last time it was possibly related to a problem with our infrastructure which is unlikely repeat itself. If you can provide support access to the device I can take a look.

Hi @tmigone, thank you for your reply. Being in development, I was not patient enough to wait for a fix, so I flashed the device again, and it worked ok (the image got uploaded back). I’ll let you know if it happens again, any suggestion on what we should look for, for such issue?

Hi, yes, please let us know if you see the problem again. As Tomas mentioned, the previous issue was related to a backend issue that should be fixed. ECONNRESET can happen for multiple reasons, but probably a good first step is to check the device network configuration and our service network requirements

https://www.balena.io/docs/reference/OS/network/2.x/#network-requirements

Please let us know if you see the issue again.
Felipe

@pipex @tmigone The issue happened again. I have enabled support access to the device. (UUID: 73cef5598eededb7bd2854615d09a181) Please let me know.

Hi there,

I think we were perhaps not fast enough to help you with this. The support access does not seem to be available anymore. Are you able to extend it for us?