I cant push my project to the Balena repository

Hi,

Really pleased to hear that was what it was. It sounds like there’s a lot of data somewhere that needs packing and uploading to our git/builder services! I’d recommend having a bit of a read on git branches and ‘refspecs’ to understand how this worked.

On the networking front, any service using the host network will use the underlying interfaces of the host. Any service that doesn’t will use the default Docker bridge.

When services exist on a bridge, a host networked service can still communicate with bridged services via any open port, but the containers in the bridge cannot open communication with the host networked container. Essentially, it’s just another process running on the host.

The bridge allows services to intercommunicate with themselves (as you say) but will not expose ports to the host device unless specifically told to via the docker-compose manifest (via the ports directive). This would allow you to run all services in a bridge and allow the host to still use those which are meant to be exposed. There’s a good guide to Docker networking here: https://docs.docker.com/v17.09/engine/userguide/networking/

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Heds

1 Like

Great explanation and thanks for the advice! cheers and good weekend!