How to install a certificate in trusted

I am trying to install a certificate on my devices, but I must be missing a step because it keeps saying 0 added. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

mkdir /usr/share/ca-certificates/extras
cp /tmp/fortigate.crt /usr/share/ca-certificates/extras/fortigate.crt
dpkg-reconfigure -p critical ca-certificates
update-ca-certificates
0 added, 0 removed; done.

This is FROM resin/raspberrypi3-debian:stretch

I successsfully installed this using the same procedure on another debian machine, although that one was jessie, I am not aware of any differences that exist with the procedure.

Did you make any progress on this? I’m coming up against a similar problem.

Cheers
Al

Hi,

This is probably because you’re copying the certificate to the wrong place for updates. The certificate should be copied to /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/ (and ideally have the 0644 permissions). You don’t actually need to run dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates after this, because any new certificate found in that directory is taken as a trusted root. Just run update-ca-certificates after adding it, and it will be added to the system store at /etc/ssl/certs.

If you’re using a Dockerfile, the following example should work fine:

COPY mycert.crt /usr/src/app/mycert.crt
RUN cp /usr/src/app/mycert.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/ && update-ca-certificates

Obviously, if you’re doing this in a script at runtime, just do the same thing from whereever the location of the certificate is.

Best regards,

Heds

Navigate to Certificates (Local Computer); choose the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store to import the certificate; right click the store and choose All Tasks > Import ; Follow the wizard and provide the certificate file you have.
iso 27001

Getting this certification proves that you and your organization are dedicated to following the most genuine practices of information security. In addition to that, ISO 27001 certification brings you an expert evaluation to examine if your business data and assets are safe or not. Source- ISO 27001 Certification