Harmless warnings when building balena-os?

I’m currently building custom balena-os for the raspberry pi zero and it triggers the following warnings:

WARNING: u-boot-1_2019.01-r0 do_generate_resin_uboot_configuration: copyfile: failed to chown/chmod /home/bruno/dev/resin-raspberrypi/build/tmp/work/raspberrypi-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot/1_2019.01-r0/git/include/env_resin.h ([Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/home/bruno/dev/resin-raspberrypi/build/tmp/work/raspberrypi-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot/1_2019.01-r0/git/include/env_resin.h')
WARNING: linux-raspberrypi-1_4.19.71+gitAUTOINC+13ce09db83-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_CPUSETS=y in the kernel configs failed for balena.
WARNING: linux-raspberrypi-1_4.19.71+gitAUTOINC+13ce09db83-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_NF_NAT_REDIRECT=m in the kernel configs failed for misc.
WARNING: linux-raspberrypi-1_4.19.71+gitAUTOINC+13ce09db83-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_LOG=m in the kernel configs failed for misc.
WARNING: linux-raspberrypi-1_4.19.71+gitAUTOINC+13ce09db83-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_STRONG=y in the kernel configs failed for security.
WARNING: linux-raspberrypi-1_4.19.71+gitAUTOINC+13ce09db83-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR=y in the kernel configs failed for security.
WARNING: linux-raspberrypi-1_4.19.71+gitAUTOINC+13ce09db83-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GENERIC=m in the kernel configs failed for usb-serial.
WARNING: linux-raspberrypi-1_4.19.71+gitAUTOINC+13ce09db83-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_PWRSEQ_SD8787=y in the kernel configs failed for sd8787_pwrseq_driver.

So I was wondering if these warnings were harmless or if something needs to be fixed in my setup?

Thanks!

Hi Bruno, thanks for contacting support. The linux-raspberrypi warnings are harmless. However I have created an issue in meta-balena to review them and remove them https://github.com/balena-os/meta-balena/issues/1823.
I am looking into the u-boot warning and will update you shortly.

Hi Bruno, I don’t think the u-boot warning is expected, but it may be harmless. The resin-u-boot.bbclass in inserting u-boot configuration in the form of a env_resin.h file that needs to be copied to a specific location before compiling u-boot. The warning refers to not being able to chown/chmod the file, but as long as it was copied I expect u-boot to be compiled with it.
Could you please check the ownership of the file in question with:

ls -al /home/bruno/dev/resin-raspberrypi/build/tmp/work/raspberrypi-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot/1_2019.01-r0/git/include/env_resin.h

Thanks

Thank you @alexgg for your support.

There is no such env_resin.h file anymore:

$ ls -al /home/bruno/dev/resin-raspberrypi/build/tmp/work/raspberrypi-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot/1_2019.01-r0/git/include/env_resin.h
ls: cannot access '/home/bruno/dev/resin-raspberrypi/build/tmp/work/raspberrypi-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot/1_2019.01-r0/git/include/env_resin.h': No such file or directory

Are you building with --rm-work by chance? that would explain why the file is missing…
As Alex said though, it’s not a critical warning in any case, but please do let us know if you experience any issues with the output image

Yes, I build with --rm-work.

Thanks, I let you know if I experience any issue.