Get WiFi psk by nmcli on container

Glad you got it working! Thanks for letting us know.

John

Hmm, found another issue. Sorry! :slight_smile:

So I can get the psk by nmcli -s -g 802-11-wireless-security.psk connection show <SSID> command on hostOS .
But it doesn’t display the psk on container… just blank output.

Any idea?

Best.

Hi, please take a look at this repo which demonstrates usage of nmcli from inside a container.

Dude, already configured everything!

What should I add from that repo to mine? :joy:

As I understood you want to run same command (nmcli -s -g 802-11-wireless-security.psk connection show <SSID>) from the container right? In order to do that, you should install network manager like it’s done in the Dockerfile. So you have to merge this dockerfile with the one you already have.

As I said, already did. lol

I have just created a testing repository here - https://github.com/openedhardware/balena_test_nmcli

Hi, Balena team.

Can anyone build this and push to Raspberry Pi Zero W and execute nmcli -s -g 802-11-wireless-security.psk connection show <SSID> to get the PSK of the current AP?

Oh, sorry then. Have a good day!

Just got new messages.

Can anyone build this and push to Raspberry Pi Zero W and execute nmcli -s -g 802-11-wireless-security.psk connection show to get the PSK of the current AP?

Why? You don’t have Raspberry Pi Zero W and want to see if it works?

My pi is not working here!

Do you see any issue on my repository?

I see you’ve opened a new ticket about the last issue. I’ll close this one, let’s continue our conversation there.

1 Like