Error when listing apps using the balena CLI

I have recently been playing around with openBalena and its great, but I am unable to list my openBalena apps when logged into the CLI on Ubuntu 18.04 CLI version 10.13.3 and the latest openBalena release.

Every time I attempt to call balena apps I get the following error when DEBUG=1:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
at /snapshot/balena-cli/build/actions/app.js:75:60
at Array.forEach (native)
at /snapshot/balena-cli/build/actions/app.js:74:20
at tryCatcher (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:512:31)
at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromise (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:569:18)
at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromise0 (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:614:10)
at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromises (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:694:18)
at Promise.module.exports.Promise._fulfill (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:638:18)
at MappingPromiseArray.module.exports.PromiseArray._resolve (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise_array.js:126:19)
at MappingPromiseArray.module.exports.MappingPromiseArray._promiseFulfilled (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/map.js:101:18)
at MappingPromiseArray.module.exports.PromiseArray._iterate (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise_array.js:114:31)
at MappingPromiseArray.init (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise_array.js:78:10)
at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromise (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:566:21)
at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromise0 (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:614:10)
at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromises (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:694:18)
at _drainQueueStep (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:138:12)
at _drainQueue (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:131:9)
at Async._drainQueues (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:147:5)
at Immediate.e.Async.drainQueues (/snapshot/balena-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:17:14)
at runCallback (timers.js:672:20)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:645:5)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:617:5)

Hello! That was indeed a bug on our side. It was fixed an hour ago, so you can just pull the latest version of balena-cli and be good to go.

Thanks for the quick reply! I can confirm that it works now.

1 Like