ECONNREFUSED on Intel Atom E3900

Hello,

I wanted to try out resin on an Intel development board based on Atom E3900. I started out with the pre-built NUC image in case it might work. Boots up okay, and ssh access is working but when I try to push a docker file it fails with the error stack copied below. Is this something simple, or should I go back to yocto and build my own resin image using meta-intel, meta-resin etc?

$ sudo resin local push resin.local --source .

rdt push failed. Error: Error while inspecting image myapp: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.10.103:2375 Error: Error while inspecting image myapp: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.10.103:2375
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/resin-sync/build/docker-utils.js:200:17
at tryCatcher (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:512:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:569:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:614:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:689:18)
at Async._drainQueue (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:133:16)
at Async._drainQueues (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:143:10)
at Immediate.Async.drainQueues (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/resin-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:17:14)
at runCallback (timers.js:672:20)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:645:5)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:617:5)

Should probably clarify, I do not have wifi on this board so I’m using an ethernet connection (which I think is working fine as I can access the board via ssh).

Also FYI if I connect a screen, it looks like the boot up sequence may not have completed. The last entries are:

[ OK ] Started udev Wait for Complete Device Initialization
Starting Show Plymouth Boot Screen…
Starting Resin NTP configuration service…

then it hangs

hello,

at the point that you mention that is hangs, you can still access your device via ssh?

Yes

Oh very cool @gpwright!

I’m not on the OS team, but sounds like it’s close. If you have ssh access can you log into the device and check if docker is running okay? systemctl status docker?

If that’s running try pull a basic image and run a basic image from on the device.

If that fails I’d look for study journalctl and look for errors.

Hi Craig,

docker is not running, but I’m not sure its even present on this image.

root@resin:/# systemctl status docker

Failed to dump process list, ignoring: Unit docker.service not found.
● docker.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)

root@resin:/# find . | grep -i docker
[no results]

This was using the development release thats located here:

Have you tried restarting the device?
Flashing certain types of devices puts you into a OS from the device itself that’s just for flashing and isn’t the OS you’ve then flashed onto the device, and doesn’t have Docker.