Download Fleet information to CVS

Hi, I manage a large fleets of devices. I’m looking for a way to export all the devices and details(OS version, release, supervisor version, IP, MAC, etc) to a CSV file for filtering and managing. Is this an option? Thank you for the help.

-Chris

Hello,
We don’t support exporting fleet information or any other information that you mentioned with CSV yet. But, we do offer a way to get the data in a JSON format instead. This can be done using either the API or balenaSDK’s we provide. Refer to the following resources and links in order to get the data you need. After getting the information you need, you can convert JSON to CSV.

1. API: Resources - Balena Documentation
  2. balenaSDK: Balena Node.js SDK - Balena Documentation

These are places where you can pull information about the fleet you are looking for. To test things out quickly, you can also run queries right in the browser using balenaSDK: Balena Node.js SDK - Balena Documentation Let us know if that helps solve your problem.

Re-reading your question, I think I misunderstood. Are you looking for device details instead not fleet details right? My bad, I misread your question. The process is same for them as we expose all the information that we have on the dashboard using our SDK’s and API’s. Check out the following to get all devices in a fleet.

SDK: Balena Node.js SDK - Balena Documentation
API: Resources - Balena Documentation

Awesome, thank you for the guidance. I’ll have a test and see how it goes.

Thank you
-Chris

Thanks, please do test it out yes and let us know how it goes. Happy to help!