Coral PCIe / m.2 on jetson nano

Hi @acostach,

We managed to get the M.2 Coral accelerator working on v2.58.6+rev1 of the genericx86-64 image after blacklisting the in-kernel apex and gasket modules and using the ones from the Coral kernel sources.

However, we haven’t found a way to perform the blacklisting of the modules from a container. Right now we’re forced to log into the OS of a device to blacklist the modules through a modprobe config file.

I found a post in this forum that describes how to perform the blacklisting from a container. However, it assumes that you can rmmod the module to install a new one. This is not possible for the apex/gasket modules because they get loaded during boot-up and remain in use by the M.2 accelerator. I even tried to unbind the driver through sysfs but the kernel kept responding with permission denied errors.

An alternative for blacklisting the modules is through the kernel parameters of course, but it seems Balena doesn’t support changing them yet.

Do you have any suggestions for how to get the blacklisting working from a container? Or have I exhausted all avaliable options?

Thanks in advance for the help!