Cannot ssh into device using dashboard terminal

Hi,

I was able to ssh via the dashboard terminal into the different docker images I have deployed and “suddenly” it stopped working giving me the following error message:

Spawning shell...
sh: F: command not found
Error: No such container: /bin/sh
Error: No such container: bash
SSH session disconnected
SSH reconnecting...
Spawning shell...
sh: F: command not found
Error: No such container: /bin/sh
Error: No such container: bash
SSH session disconnected
SSH reconnecting...

I have rebooted the device, restarted all services, but no luck.

Hi @razu, did you have any recent changes to the dockerfiles of your application? Have you tried pinning the device to an older app release of your fleet and see if you will be able to SSH again into the applications?

Hi,

Something you might want to look into is whether the line endings in your files are maybe corrupting the commands; you might have some luck running dos2unix on your scripts and docker files.

Strange. 24h later it works again. It didn’t reboot or I did something…

It’s hard to guess the root of your problem without knowing the actual scripts and images you are using.

When something suddenly stops working and automatically resumes working after trying multiple reboots, the problem could lie in the network.
Maybe you are trying to resolve a hostname and this causes your script to fail when DNS is down?

@razu I am glad it’s working again! If the issue still persists later, please post again over here so that we may diagnose it further.