Application container must be running for a terminal to be started. But the container is running!

Hi all,
I’ve just deployed a new relases of my application on my balenaFin V 1.1 running balenaOS 2.36.0+rev2 and Supervisor 9.15.0. When trying to open a Terminal windows on the main container I get the following well know error message:

SSH reconnecting...
Spawning shell...
Application container must be running for a terminal to be started.

This could even be true, but the container seems to be running, from the Host OS point of view:

root@e26261e:~# balena ps 
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                               COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS                            PORTS               NAMES
a604cece5f99        318493f1fea1                        "/usr/bin/entry.sh b…"   21 minutes ago      Up 4 minutes                                          main_1225537_950490
4a64da4c2b8a        balena/armv7hf-supervisor:v9.15.0   "./entry.sh"             13 days ago         Up 4 minutes (health: starting)                       resin_supervisor
root@e26261e:~# balena logs a604cece5f99
Systemd init system enabled.
systemd 232 running in system mode. (+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD +IDN)
Detected virtualization docker.
Detected architecture arm.
Set hostname to <e26261e>.
Failed to install release agent, ignoring: No such file or directory
systemd-remount-fs.service: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit systemd-remount-fs.service is masked.
dev-hugepages.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit dev-hugepages.mount is masked.
sys-fs-fuse-connections.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit sys-fs-fuse-connections.mount is masked.
sys-kernel-config.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit sys-kernel-config.mount is masked.
kmod-static-nodes.service: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit kmod-static-nodes.service is masked.
getty.target: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit getty.target is masked.
systemd-logind.service: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit systemd-logind.service is masked.
display-manager.service: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit display-manager.service is masked.
MyApp running!

I’ve also tried to reboot the device, and even tried to “balena stop”/“balena start” the container from the host OS.

I’ve just solved this on my own, as soon as I noticed that the balenaCloud device page was still showing the old release commit. That is, the build went well and I was able to see its commit in the application releases page. Also, I’m sure the new commit was committed on the device because of the correct logs showing. But the old commit was shown in the device page both under Device and Service.
I’ve just refreshed the page and tried again to connect via Terminal and it just worked!

Regards,
Danilo

Hey @daghemo,
thank you for sharing your findings and updates with us in the forum, it can be valuable for other users.
All the best!