Any way to show historical environment variables

How do I see the historical values of my environment variables. Just updated one (a long json string) and I messed up the input (highlighted too much) and now it’s gone. Any way to see that?

Another thing that would be nice is a better editor for the env vars. The single line approach is wanting.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I understand you were editing a complex value in an env-var, and modified it in error, and are looking for a recovery option. There is no history for env vars, unfortunately. In these cases, it’s best to leave config changes up to a programmatic mechanism, which can for example read the contents of a .json file, and send that to the API / through the SDK, etc.

As for better editing, I’ve opened an issue in our internal repo for the UI and linked it to this conversation.

Is there anything further we can assist with?

1 Like

Nope, that will do it. Thank you

Perhaps to expand on the better editing part:

multiline would be nice
maintaining position in the text box when switching screens

Thanks for your feedback; this is reflected in our internal issue.

Now, as for the value history, I’ve checked our logs for a last-ditch attempt and of course POST requests don’t save their payload to the logs, nor do GET requests save their response to the logs. I hope recovering the JSON blob has gone well on your end!

If there’s anything else you’d like our assistance or advice on in future, don’t hesitate to open a support ticket and we’ll be happy to assist.

1 Like