Webserver basics - RPI3

Thanks so much, really helpful direction. I’ve got everything working now using a bash script which runs on CMD (I thought that would be more lightweight than Supervisord) - I used the advice which is on the Docker website here: multiservicecontainer-docker

I have one last question. Due to permissions restrictions I need to run the ./pikrellcam script as user pi. When I run as user pi I have issues with /dev/vchiq permissions. After reading online I have tried adding pi and www-data to the video user group but this doesn’t work for me. I have successfully got the ./pikrellcam script running by granting everyone permission to the vchiq file by running “sudo chmod 777 /dev/vchiq” in my bash script. This works but I have read granting all users this permission is bad practice (though I don’t understand this fully).

I have seen on another thread that I might be able to give the pi user /dev/vchiq permissions by creating a udev rule in a config.json - Balena udev rule. Could you give me a bit more info on how this works, the Balena page on this doesn’t give too much detail. Is there a easier way to elevate permissions in the docker-compose.yml or dockerfile.template

Thanks again for your help,
The cloud service is brilliant,
Sam