Startup hangs Linux

Etcher has been working fine until today, when I get a a large box that pops up where I can’t see the top of bottom, so i can’t dismiss it. line after line of "at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/opt/Etcher/resources/app.asar/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:516:17)
at Promise._settlePromise (/opt/Etcher/resources/app.asar/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:561:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (/opt/Etcher/resources/app.asar/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:606:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (/opt/Etcher/resources/app.asar/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:685:18)
at Promise._fulfill (/opt/Etcher/resources/app.asar/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:630:18) or similar. The only way to dismiss this tis to kill -9 the process.
i was using Appimage on Mint 18.3, so i removed the Image and installed from the Debian repo but still did the same thing.
Suggestions?

We’re currently investigating an issue with the update notification that triggers that message, you can safely press Enter to dismiss the dialogue and just download the new version

Pressing Enter doesn’t do anything, as I can’t scroll up or down on that Dialog box. I can’t see the top or bottom. Clicking on the taskbar and selecting close does nothing. I am on 1.4.4. My only option is to kill the PID.

Understood, then I suggest downloading the new version here to temporarily avoid that message and rest assure you’ll see that fixed in the next version

Got it. Thanks.