Jetson TX2 Kernel Module Extension

Hi everyone I’m trying to follow the Kernel Module load and compilation and I’m hitting the following error, why the opcodes library is not included? any ideas?

thanks

root@ac944d2:/usr/src/app# ./build.sh 'jetson-tx2' '2.7.4+rev1.prod' example_module 
Building images/jetson-tx2/2.7.4+rev1.prod/kernel_modules_headers.tar.gz...
--2017-11-15 17:15:57--  https://files.resin.io/images/jetson-tx2/2.7.4%2Brev1.prod/kernel_modules_headers.tar.gz
Resolving files.resin.io (files.resin.io)... 34.225.84.11, 54.83.178.117
Connecting to files.resin.io (files.resin.io)|34.225.84.11|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 9336559 (8.9M) [application/x-tar]
Saving to: 'kernel_modules_headers.tar.gz'

kernel_modules_headers.tar.gz                                       100%[==================================================================================================================================================================>]   8.90M  3.68MB/s    in 2.4s    

2017-11-15 17:16:01 (3.68 MB/s) - 'kernel_modules_headers.tar.gz' saved [9336559/9336559]

make: Entering directory '/tmp/tmp.9gvOdW0OKh'
  CC [M]  /usr/src/app/example_module_jetson-tx2_2.7.4+rev1.prod/hello.o
In file included from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/sysreg.h:23:0,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/cpufeature.h:13,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/hw_breakpoint.h:20,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/processor.h:33,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/spinlock.h:21,
                 from include/linux/spinlock.h:87,
                 from include/linux/seqlock.h:35,
                 from include/linux/time.h:5,
                 from include/uapi/linux/timex.h:56,
                 from include/linux/timex.h:56,
                 from include/linux/sched.h:19,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/compat.h:25,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/stat.h:23,
                 from include/linux/stat.h:5,
                 from include/linux/module.h:10,
                 from /usr/src/app/example_module_jetson-tx2_2.7.4+rev1.prod/hello.c:2:
./arch/arm64/include/asm/opcodes.h:5:43: fatal error: ../../arm/include/asm/opcodes.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
scripts/Makefile.build:267: recipe for target '/usr/src/app/example_module_jetson-tx2_2.7.4+rev1.prod/hello.o' failed
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/app/example_module_jetson-tx2_2.7.4+rev1.prod/hello.o] Error 1
Makefile:1414: recipe for target '_module_/usr/src/app/example_module_jetson-tx2_2.7.4+rev1.prod' failed
make: *** [_module_/usr/src/app/example_module_jetson-tx2_2.7.4+rev1.prod] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/tmp/tmp.9gvOdW0OKh'
root@ac944d2:/usr/src/app# Connection to ssh.resindevice.io closed.

Hi, thanks for the report. We’ll take a look at this and come back to you.

Nada, even from the Docker,

scripts/Makefile.build:267: recipe for target '/usr/src/app/example_module_jetson-tx2_2.7.4+rev1.prod/hello.o' failed
 ./arch/arm64/include/asm/opcodes.h:5:43: fatal error: ../../arm/include/asm/opcodes.h: No such file or directory

Any suggestions?

@telphan please take a look at this issue. Thanks

Hello @davidnet,

I am so sorry that this took such a long time, but I finally managed to look into this. Indeed the opcode.h is missing from the headers. I was a bit confused as to why we need that, but it seems like older versions of the linux kernel still include opcodes for 32-bit architecture. opcodes.h

I have pushed a fix to our staging server, so if you could change this:

into files_url='https://files.resinstaging.io and try it again, you should be able to build your module now.

I will push this fix to our production server next week.

Kind regards,
Theodor

@telphan
Nada, getting the same error while downloading from https://files.resinstaging.io/images/jetson-tx2/2.7.2%2Brev5.dev/kernel_modules_headers.tar.gz , I’m getting the same error

make: Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.tLx61of6T6’
[Build] CC [M] /usr/src/app/v4l2loopback_jetson-tx2_2.7.2+rev5.dev/v4l2loopback.o
[Build] In file included from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/sysreg.h:23:0,
[Build] from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/cpufeature.h:13,
[Build] from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/hw_breakpoint.h:20,
[Build] from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/processor.h:33,
[Build] from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/spinlock.h:21,
[Build] from include/linux/spinlock.h:87,
[Build] from include/linux/vmalloc.h:4,
[Build] from /usr/src/app/v4l2loopback_jetson-tx2_2.7.2+rev5.dev/v4l2loopback.c:17:
[Build] ./arch/arm64/include/asm/opcodes.h:5:43: fatal error: …/…/arm/include/asm/opcodes.h: No such file or directory

@davidnet The version has also been bumped, v2.8.1+rev1. I forgot to mention that.

Hi! When should we see version 2.8.1 on prod?

I’m afraid the TX2 maintainer is on holiday this week, so I can’t definitively give you an ETA right now. This version is now available on staging though, if you’d like to test it there, and I would expect it to reach production very soon. We’ll let you know more as soon as we can.

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, but I was away last week. We should see a release on the tx2 this week. We will send you a message when it happens.
Kind regards,
Theodor

Hello,
Earlier this week we have release the Jetson TX2 to v2.9.7. Enjoy!
Kind regards,
Theodor