Building Balena OS behind Proxy configuration

I am building Balena OS for Generic x86_64 architecture and getting below error while building.

ERROR: docker-disk-amd64-supervisor-v12.11.16-r0 do_compile: docker-disk: Can’t compile as there is no internet connectivity on this host.
ERROR: docker-disk-amd64-supervisor-v12.11.16-r0 do_compile: Execution of ‘/home/sivashax/Balena/balena-intel/build/tmp/work/genericx86_64_ext-poky-linux/docker-disk/amd64-supervisor-v12.11.16-r0/temp/run.do_compile.19298’ failed with exit code 1:
WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sivashax/Balena/balena-intel/build/tmp/work/genericx86_64_ext-poky-linux/docker-disk/amd64-supervisor-v12.11.16-r0/temp/log.do_compile.19298
ERROR: Task (/home/sivashax/Balena/balena-intel/build/…/layers/meta-balena/meta-balena-common/recipes-containers/docker-disk/docker-disk.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code ‘1’
ERROR: balena-supervisor-1.0-r0 do_install: Could not retrieve supervisor image for version v12.11.16
ERROR: balena-supervisor-1.0-r0 do_install: Execution of ‘/home/sivashax/Balena/balena-intel/build/tmp/work/core2-64-poky-linux/balena-supervisor/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_install.19299’ failed with exit code 1:
WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sivashax/Balena/balena-intel/build/tmp/work/core2-64-poky-linux/balena-supervisor/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_install.19299
ERROR: Task (/home/sivashax/Balena/balena-intel/build/…/layers/meta-balena/meta-balena-common/recipes-containers/balena-supervisor/balena-supervisor.bb:do_install) failed with exit code ‘1’
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3276 tasks of which 3263 didn’t need to be rerun and 2 failed.

I am building this behind proxy configuration and have setup http_proxy, https_proxy in shell. However, still building is failing.

Appreciate support on this.

Hi, unfortunately building locally behind a proxy is not something that the team does, so it’s likely that several places need to be fixed. I have opened an issue in

Sorry, that was sent prematurely. As I was saying, I have opened an issue in Support local builds behind a proxy server · Issue #2511 · balena-os/meta-balena · GitHub to keep track of what needs to be done, and hopefully you can help us to progress.

Could you please try to change the bbfatal in meta-balena/docker-disk.bb at e70ed6f9c0e4759fabfca4657625e64903e71005 · balena-os/meta-balena · GitHub, with a bbwarn to get rid of the first error?

The second error requires configuring the docker pull to use a proxy server too. For this, could you please try adding extra HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY environment variables to the docker run command in meta-balena/docker-disk.bb at e70ed6f9c0e4759fabfca4657625e64903e71005 · balena-os/meta-balena · GitHub?

Thanks for your support.

Balena_build_error.log (21.3 KB)

I am attaching the log file, since I got error while pasting the error inline here.

Any further updates on this build error?

Appreciate your support on this.

Hello,

My colleague suggested that perhaps mobynit is ignoring http_proxy when running go get command. I’m not very familiar with that repo, but he suggested if you export that setting (presumably in dockerfile), that might help you move forward.