Balena Fin Wireless is named mlan0 (not wlan0)

Among my customization I add mainly decrypt stage on initramfs and password for root user. But as I said, I tried to build BalenaOS image with only the source code of your balena-raspberry project (without my layer customized) and I have mlan0 wifi interface

Sorry, I did not read your previous post correctly. Making a build now with that commit to see whether I will get the same results.

I build balenaos image with commit a270853241f4b84e1f4445d566b36f2c71741acf (v2.50.4+ev1) and mlan0 wifi interface is always present.

Just an update here, one of our engineers is running a build from the same commit and doing a bit of investigation and should come back with some info as soon as possible.

Thanks I am waiting his feedback

Hi, I created https://github.com/balena-os/balena-raspberrypi/pull/491 to fix the missing blacklist file issue. Expect it to be merged in the following hour or so. When it gets merged don’t forget to first pull before you rebuild.

I rebuild image with your commit and now I have wlan0 wifi interface and blacklist/conf files on /etc/modprobe.d folder to use correct wifi driver. Thanks for your fast and good work.

Ben

Happy to hear it has worked for you.

Georgia